The ESRC GPID Research Network is developing agenda-setting papers on the state of the art and future avenues for research on structural change and inclusive growth. We are publishing research outputs on this website as they become available. Follow us on Twitter or Facebook to stay up-to-date.
|Number||Author(s)||Title & Link||Date|
|1||Arief Yusuf and Andy Sumner||Poverty, Inequality, and Structural Change in Indonesia||29/09/2017|
|2||Kunal Sen||Poverty, Inequality, and Structural Change in India||29/09/2017|
|3||Sergio Firpo and Renan Pieri||Structural Change and Wage Inequality: the Brazilian Case||29/09/2017|
|4||Morné Oosthuizen||Poverty and Inequality in South Africa||29/09/2017|
- Sumner, A. (2018). Development and Distribution: Structural Change in Southeast Asia. Oxford and New York: Oxford University Press.
- Sumner, A. (2019, forthcoming). ‘Global Poverty and Inequality: Change and Continuity in Late Development’. Development and Change.
- Baymul, C. and Sen, K. (2019, forthcoming). “Kuznets Revisited: What Do We Know about the Relationship between Structural Transformation and Inequality?”. Asian Development Review. Vol. 36, No. 1.
- Sen, K. & Tyce, M. (2017). The elusive quest for high income status—Malaysia and Thailand in the post-crisis years. Structural Change and Economic Dynamics. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1016/j.strueco.2017.11.007.
- Sen, K. (2017). What Explains the Job Creating Potential of Industrialisation in the Developing World? The Journal of Development Studies. DOI: 10.1080/00220388.2017.1404033.
- Kyunghoon Kim, Andy Sumner, and Arief Anshory Yusuf (2019) Is Structural Transformation-led Economic Growth
Immiserizing or Inclusive? The Case of Indonesia. In: Immiserizing Growth. Paul Shaffer, Ravi Kanbur, and Richard Sandbrook (eds). OUP: Oxford.
- Sen, K. (2019) Political Settlements and Immiserizing Growth Episodes. In Immiserizing Growth. Paul Shaffer, Ravi Kanbur, and Richard Sandbrook (eds). OUP: Oxford.
- Sen, K. & Tyce, M., (2017) Deals and Development: The political dynamics of growth episodes. In: Deals and Development – The Political Dynamics of Growth Episodes. Lant Pritchett, Kunal Sen, and Eric Werker (eds). OUP: Oxford.